Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Tea Time

A simple tea time for Christmas, dear.
A sip of tea and nibble with a sweet and savory.

The tea I drink for Christmas was found on Amazon,
The Noel,  Compagnie Coloniale - Paris
A black tea with almond and cherries.
It is almost gone now, but it was like Christmas in a teacup.
To add to the tea time was little wreath shaped sandwiches,
one of my favorites.
Just cut the bread with two different size round cookie
cutters to make a wreath.  Spread with a mixture of cream cheese
and finely chopped green pepper. (note: most often I don't like
green pepper in food, but this I do) Spread on bread wreaths,
place under the oven broiler until the edges are toasty and
the mixture is a bit soft. Then decorate with a sprig of mint
and two or three pomegranate seeds. Delicious!
Then for the sweet in the bowl I just cut small bits of
a fruit cake I had on hand.

No more was needed for a Christmas afternoon tea time,
but a friend or two sitting nearby,
candles burning, and soft music playing.

Hoping you find quiet times to share a Christmas cup of tea.

Linking to Bernideen at: http://blog.bernideens.com/


10 comments:

Bernideen said...

Dear Marilyn: What lovely photos and your sandwiches are so pretty and I am sure delicious! So glad you shared - I am printing out your sandwich recipe for sure and will try it!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Marilyn, I too am going to print out your sandwich wreath; lovely idea! Thank you for sharing and have a Very Merry Christmas!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

PS~ I forgot to mention that your Christmas tea with almonds and cherries sounds fabulous! I would love to find a tea like that here!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your wreath sandwiches match the tea cup! They look Yummy! The fruit cake adds a little something too. What a wonderful Christmas tea time, Marilyn.

~Sheri

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Those little teatime sandwiches are so cute, Marilyn! I love the idea, and the tea sounds fabulous, too. I have Christmas carols playing right now, and a cup of tea, but I need your treats!

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi Marylin!Love your pics,but especially what you wrote in this post and in the last post,so truly and beautiful...Made me smile!I am happy because I am sure that I will have quiet and peaceful moments at Christmas drinking iced tea because here the weather is too hot!Merry Christmas!

Jeanie said...

What a fabulous looking tea, Marilyn! I even have a wreath cookie cutter that would work. Now I need to get a little time to do this. Sounds like a great recipe!

Thelma said...

Your sandwiches look so delicious. I must make them.

Adrienne said...

I was just thinking I need to slow my pace and sit with a cup of Christmas tea!
~Adrienne~

Margie said...

What a festive tea time! The sandwich wreath is adorable. I'm also intrigued by the almond and cherries tea. Merry CHristmas, Marilyn!