Sunday, August 20, 2017

Teatime on the Road

 Driving to California alone I knew there would need to be
stops along the way.
The Teapot on Wheels is just off the I-5 highway I would be traveling;
so reservations were made for tea in Gold Hill, Oregon.
What a delightful stop,
just what any tea lover should do on a road trip down the highway.
 How fun to see Jan and Denny's teashop and tearoom.

 But there was more to the shop than first seen;
there was a patio outdoors for those perfect days.
 And the gardens were wonderful with the trellis corridor and walk to the river.
 Just the perfect setting for a bride and groom.
 Then we sat at the beautifully set tea table.
Jan and her two grand daughters savored the bites and sipping the tea.

 The food was prepared perfectly and delicious too.

 So if you ever find yourself traveling down the I-5 highway
definitely take a break to savor the day and sip a cup of delicious tea.
Still traveling, but couldn't wait to share teatime at The Teapot on Wheels.

8 comments:

50 and counting said...

Looks like a good place to break the drive!

Rosemary said...

Such a tranquil and special spot to take tea! Enjoy!

Bernideen said...

Looks lovely and I am sure she was thrilled you stopped!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely place to stop for some tea and a bite to eat. I really like that pink and white serving dish, and the goodies look Yummy. I hope your visit to California was a pleasant one, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

A tea party sounds like the perfect way to break up a trip. Everything looks lovely.

Jeanie said...

Your patio tea is wonderful -- and all the more so when shared with friends!

Mary said...

Yum! Looked like a scrumptious tea. I always enjoy seeing little girls being introduced to teatime and tea parties!

Adrienne said...

I first discovered this wonderful place when we traveled south for our Grand Trip last spring. We spent the night at the campground in the state park nearby. When I saw the sign for this tea house I had to go online and read all about it - and dream of taking tea there someday. Thank you for sharing it with us. What a delightful time you had!
~Adrienne~