Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Just for Fun, A Photoshoot

 Just for the pure JOY of snapping pictures,
I planned a photoshoot in my sister's orchard.
 Since I was driving I could take props and play a bit.
 Originally this was our grandfather's apple orchard.
Then it became our aunt and uncles orchard.
And then finally my sister has held onto 2 acres,
but she is thinking of selling; so I am very happy I took
the adventure to take pictures and bring home
a box of Gravenstein apples from the orchard.
 How fun to have one more time to play in the orchard
and walk the dusty trail under the trees.
 I brought my teapot and cups to meld
two loves, apples and tea time.
 Teatime was indeed enjoyed under the apple tree
and now there is applesauce in the cupboard
and a couple pie fillings in the freezer.
The tea in my cup that very day was Castleton Moonlight Imperial Darjeeling, First Flush 2017.
It was the perfect tea to sip while enjoying tea in the orchard.

7 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Marilyn, I liked everything about this post.....the apple orchard, the tea time you had under the tree, walking through the apple orchard one more time until your sister sells it, and getting to take home a box of apples to make apple sauce and pie fillings. What a wonderful place this is, and you will have many memories of this charming apple orchard always.

~Sheri

Bernideen said...

I love the picnic tea time - your picnic basket is wonderful! What a lovely spot for tea - thanks for sharing.

Lorrie said...

I love the way you've taken time to play! Tea in an apple orchard sounds just lovely.

Jeanie said...

Oh, those apples! And I love your set-up table. It's wonderful in the orchard.

Tracy said...

Such a pretty tea time scene, Marilyn...Your vintage table cloth is so sweet, and I just like how you've styled everything. How wonderful it would be to take tea in a orchard... maybe nibbling a spiced apple tea cake or other....mmm... ((HUGS))

Linda P said...

Love the little teapot, cups and table cloth and, of course, the setting in the orchard. Your tea-time there must have been special and now you can enjoy the apples you gathered and made into sauce and pie filling.

Adrienne said...

I love your special place for tea in the orchard. Your table, teapot and cups are perfect!
~Adrienne~