Friday, July 7, 2017

And you thought this was about Lavender!

Backtracking here, back to Albuquerque, New Mexico.
With just a few hours to visit with friends we took
time to visit while walking through beautiful gardens
and a lavender shop at Los Poblanos Organic Farm.
The patio encircled by their bed and breakfast drew me in and
I wanted to just stay there forever.
Oh those Southwest fireplaces and decorations
totally delighted me.
But we were there to see the garden, so I had to move on.

Isn't that lush for a Southwest garden?
I had no idea I would find anything like this in New Mexico.


The sun was bright, but the flowers flourished.
There were moments to stop and chat.
Moments to stop and smell the roses.
And moments to look a little closer.



Then through the gate we went.
A tractor for those tractor lovers.
But I was there for the lavender.
There were rows and rows to delight my lavender heart.
If you look really close you can see they were getting close to blooming.
Soon very soon I am sure there was the scent of lavender in the air.
I can definitely recommend a stop here at Los Poblanos in Albuquerque.
Stay tuned next week because I do believe there will be more lavender
to enjoy and savor.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Linda P said...

What a beautiful experience Marilyn. Your travels take you to some lovely places. Wishing you and yours happy days!

Jeanie said...

I would have never expected this in NN either. I'm getting itchy to head that way as it grows higher on my bucket list. This is just fabulous. I can't imagine how amazing it smelled!

Angela McRae said...

Yes, I am very surprised to see such a lush garden setting there. I pictured cacti and little else growing there!