Monday, May 1, 2017

Walk with Me - Columbia River

Just a few miles down the road from where I live
is the Columbia River.
It only takes about 10 minutes to arrive at the beach.
For some reason I just don't get there as often as I like,
but this weekend was the perfect day, the perfect weather
to walk on the top of the berm dividing the river from the road.
Being greeted by flowers is always a delight.
Just on the other side of the river is the State of Washington;
so close and an extension of life in Portland by bridge over this river.
If the clouds had been clear you would have amazing views of 
Mt. Hood in the distance.
The walk is paved, as you can see on the left. 
No puddles to skip over.
Bicyclists also love this paved walk, so avoiding bicycles is the only
hazard of the walk.
One of the bridges connecting the two states is seen in the distance.
There were others just out enjoying a day along the river
with a friend or their dog.
It is right by the airport, so sometimes planes fly overhead.
It is fun watching the planes come and go and imagine
what adventures the passengers are taking.
Sailboats and tugboats drift by.
And always there are wild and growing things to discover.
I love "noticing what I notice" along each walk I take.
Where did you walk this week?

6 comments:

Joy said...

What a lovely place for a walk!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful...Actually,I only walked with you through your beautiful post...Thanks.

Tracy said...

Oh, this was fun, Marilyn! I so much enjoy your walk posts! Yesterday at my place I posted about a walk we took at the weekend, which was fun to share. Today I walked into town to one of local shopping centers for some necessary shopping... oh, and I may have come home with a little yarn too. ;) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Mary said...

That looked like a lovely walk. I'll be on a plane tonight also Marilyn - then another tomorrow to get from the UK to Italy - it will be tiring but hopefully goes smoothly and without incident - travel is so crazy these days with the security issues etc. to deal with. I can't lift anything much as I'm dealing with polymyalgia again - darn it, I so dislike all these crazy aging problems. Getting on the ship tomorrow afternoon will be a godsend hopefully - things have been tough these past couple of weeks and I really need the rest and relaxation - well and the sightseeing walks and climbs to the Roman ruins thrown in for interest, haha! Can't be lolling on deck just watching the Mediterranean ripple by, haha!

Love and hugs - more when we return mid-May.
Take care dear friend - Mary x

Jeanie said...

This looks like a terrific walking spot, Marilyn. And not far! I love the blooms in that first photo!

La Tea Dah said...

What a beautiful place to walk! So fortunate to have it so close to home. I walk the same river often --- but miles away from you.