Monday, March 13, 2017

Walk with Me - In my Garden

 "With daffodils mad footnotes for the spring,
And asters purple asterisks for autumn-"
~Conrad Aiken, Preludes for Memnon (1930)

Definitely daffodils open up in springtime in my garden with madness
and make the garden a happy place after the dreariness of winter.
 The purple crocus are now dotting the garden with laughter and smiles too.

 "Before the flowers open I often look to see if they are yet open
And when they begin to open I fear that wind and rain may come.
After the flowers have opened I care not for wind and rain;
I only care if you come not, to drink deep beneath the flowers."
~Liu Yin (1249-1293)
 The Lenten Rose (hellebore) are blooming also in the garden.
The first bloom of daffodils had it's portrait taken.

This week as I have been fighting a bit of a cold or virus
I decided on one sunny day just to walk in my own garden.
It brings me such joy just to see what is beginning to appear
in the early spring garden.

Each week let's take a walk whether close to home or far away.
Such JOY is found being outdoors and noticing what we notice.

Don't forget the give-away mentioned on Friday's post.
The winner will be announced on Friday of this week.

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Marilyn, I enjoyed the walk in your garden. Your flowers are so pretty.
They are blooming here but the temperature is in the 30's at night, hope it warms up soon.

Angela McRae said...

Hope you're feeling better, Marilyn! Loved the garden tour, and today I'm a bit concerned as our seventies have dipped back down to the forties, and since freezes are coming overnight, I'm wondering what that will do to the jonquils, Bradford pears, and hyacinths already blooming!

Steph said...

Spring!!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

At last Spring has arrived for you!
What a welcome sight the cheery daffodils are. I can understand how Worsdworth was inspired to write his beautiful poem!
Just a few yellow blooms can bring sunshine back into our lives!

Mary said...

Beautiful flowers - hope so much you are over the 'bug'.
Mary X

Rosemary said...

Spring has sprung! Such beauty!