Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sitting in the Blue Chair.



I am sitting in the blue chair listening to this stillness.
The only sound the occasional gurgle of tea
coming out of the pot and into the cup.

How can this be?
Such calm, such peace, such solitude
in this world of woe.

From 'The Sixth of January' by David Budbill

Not exactly a blue chair, but surrounded by blue. 
This is a quote a friend reminds of me each autumn.
Can you just imagine sitting in this chair,
oh the peace and solitude would delight me.
Take me away from the woes of the world. 
Take a moment or even two to sit in a pretty chair and sip a cup of tea. 

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

I've just finished the first day of classes. I'm beat and I'm sitting in the peaceful quiet of my home enjoying the silence. I'd love to sit in that pretty chair with all the blue and white dishes around.

Linda P said...

That chair looks inviting! Today I'm going to be sitting in a comfortable one at the health clinic support centre and will be having an aromatherapy hand massage. No need to talk all the time to the lovely lady who gives the hand massage (although it's nice to be with her), but an opportunity to just lie back and relax. These sessions are a blessing.

Jeanie said...

What a good idea! I think I will do that soon! But it won't be nearly so pretty!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful collection of blue and white! It would be a delight to sit in that chair and forget the woes of the world.

Steph said...

I love it!