Friday, June 17, 2016

Another Day in London

Our hotel was within walking distance of the Kensington Palace grounds.
Flowers greeted us as we entered.
And, oh the Italian water garden was just breathtaking.



I read that the Peter Pan statue was the most photographed in the garden.
Certainly I did see many stop to enjoy and take a photo.
Walking through the grounds we headed for the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Chihuly glass works always delight my heart.
A few glimpses from the museum.
Everything was just massive in size.
This room had artists sketching.



The museum cafe had delights to see too.
As we traveled upwards sculptures and other delights the art
 became more people sized.
Beautiful tea  ware for my tea loving friends.
 There was a visit after the museum to Harrod's Department Store,
just because I wanted to see it.  Wow!
And then off to visit the Covent Gardens,
browsing and having a bite to eat.
Pizza at the Union Jack, a Jamie Oliver restaurant,
a perfect place for people watching.
This travelogue is getting long,
but so many things delighted me along the way
I just had to share with you.
I hope you are enjoying.
It is fun for me to remember.

12 comments:

Linda P said...

Catching up on your travelogue I'm finding it very interesting to see where you went and what caught your eye. Kensington Gardens are beautiful and there's so much to take in as you walk around the V&A Museum. Love the modern glass art work and, of course, the tea ware.

Rosemary said...

Love your travelogue of your once in a lifetime adventure! Reminds me of my adventures to Kensington Palace, Afternoon tea in the Orangerie, 'shopping' at Harrod's, and a whirl thru Covent Gardens. You saw a lot!

Bernideen said...

Looks like another great day!

relevanttealeaf said...

Loved seeing your photos of Kensington Palace Gardens and the Victoria and Albert Museum. It makes me wish I was returning to London for another visit. Our time in Covent Gardens was very brief. Glad you squeezed Harrod's into your day. There's so many wonderful things to do and see in London, but usually too little time.

martea said...

Each day your posts recreate so many memories of past visits to these exact places...thank you for that.

And it is fun to read about what catches your eye to photograph and share.

Laura Morrigan said...

The gardens, museum, and food! Yes!

Gracie Saylor said...

Hello Marilyn, I just found you through Linda P's blog. I live in Boring, Oregon and am not bored and try not to be boring :) I have just become one of your followers and I look forward to getting to know you better as I read more of your blog. I'm so glad that you were able to visit Linda P and her beautiful country. Thanks for posting! xx

Tracy said...

Soooo WONDERFUL you had some time in London too! What happiness to see, and see of the places you went. For me, London is the greatest big city on Earth, and I get rather "homesick" for it some times! It just has the best of everything... *sigh*... ((HUGS))

Janneke said...

When I see your photos I remember my days in London and the visit to Kensington Gardens. I have been reading and watching photos in your blog. I will be your new follower.
Regards from Holland,
Jannele

Angela McRae said...

Your travelogue definitely is not getting too long for me! Haven't been to Kensington Palace, but that Italian water garden really does look splendid. Looks like I need to book another trip! :)

Jeanie said...

Seeing Kensington Palace reminded me of my trip with my mom. We stayed at a hotel across the street from it, then called the Kensington Palace Hotel (who knows what it is now). I loved the location and being close to the park. We also did a palace tour. Oh, I'd forgotten that!

What a terrific day, walking the park and the V&A and then Covent Garden... you can tell you must have been in seventh heaven!

Teresa said...

What a great day! A book, cup of tea and a seat by that fountain . . .
Sips and Smiles,
Teresa