Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tea Time at Myrtle's

Tea time at Myrtle's in Richfield, Washington had been discussed
with my friend, Jan, for quite awhile.
Last week we ventures north for afternoon tea.
And what a very special tea time it was!
The tomato bisque was delicious.
Each sandwich was so fresh and a different bread, which made the sandwiches so delightful.
There was fresh fruit too, which I always love with my tea.
With an extensive tea menu it was hard to choose just the right tea,
but I ended up with a black ginger peach.
One of the few times I drink a blended tea is when I have afternoon tea at a tearoom
and this was a perfect match.
I loved the vintage Fransciscan ware our tea was served on.
It brought back memories of my step-grandmother, Myrtle.
Often by the time the sweets come along I am too full to eat them.
These sweets did come home with me, but enjoyed later in the day.
The upper left was as miniature mango scone, which was quite good.
Oh my, there were alot of pretty teacups and teapots in the gift shop.
There was another room beside this one that sold tea and books.
What fun this tea time at Myrtle's was and for sure there will be a repeat trip in my future.

Linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

10 comments:

martea said...

How special that you two friends could enjoy such a lovely teatime!
I especially love the variety of breads the tea sandwiches were made of and how everything looks so fresh...

Bernideen said...

Dear Marilyn:
I love her tea room and gift shop except she needs a longer table cloth to cover the boxes - ha! We never did that until our 90 day going out of business sale and then I did just to keep from having to go upstairs which I'm guessing convenience was the idea here too! Isn't that lamp a beauty! Very nice. Thanks for sharing and linking.

Bernideen said...

Dear Marilyn:
Has anyone else commented how much you and Janice at "Curtains In My Tree" look alike?

Bernideen said...

Here is her link - what do you think? http://curtainsinmytree.blogspot.com/2016/04/american-picker-girls.html

Joy said...

Oh, my, that picture of the gift shop took my breath away! Your tea looked delightful, too.

Margie said...

What a delightful tearoom! I could spend hours browsing their gift shop.

Laura Morrigan said...

I love the decor!

Jeanie said...

Oh Marilyn, this looks divine! I loved the lights under the tablecloth and the china is so pretty! It all looks so delicious -- how I would have liked to have been there with you!

Mary said...

Yummy looking tea - love the different breads for the little finger sandwiches.

Glad you and Jan enjoyed the teatime visit together - our blogging friends are always so much fun and the sweetest people - we should know, haha!!!!!!!

Tell me you couldn't resist buying something special from the gift shop!

Mary x

Rosemary said...

Myrtle's looks like a fun place to enjoy tea and friendship... complete with a little retail therapy too!