Wednesday, March 9, 2016

International Women's Day

Yesterday was International Women's Day.
Often throughout the day I thought of strong women,
women that touched me, and women around me.
Lek Chailert of the Elephant Nature Park in Thailand is 
one of those women. 
I was so honored to meet her a few years ago and to
follow her work on Facebook.
She is an amazing woman who not only rescues elephants
and has made a difference in their lives, but rescues whatever animal
comes across her path, even dogs and cats.
Also having had the opportunity to watch these women
arrive at a tea field in Taiwan, I was touched by their dedication
as they shared time together singing and chatting as they so
beautifully picked the tea that I drink.
We are blessed by some amazing women in each of our lives.
From our mother's, sister's, daughter's, dear friends, 
or women that just briefly cross our path.
I am thankful for those women.
They delight my soul.
They make me what I am today.
They are to be cherished.

A few years ago I did a series here on Strong Women.
If you would like to read some of the past posts
go to the word cluster on the right and click on the words
Strong Women.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Great photos and simply wonderful memories!

Steph said...

Yes!

Rosemary said...

This was a great tribute post for International Women's Day! Loved your photos and your thoughts. And of course I remember your Strong Women series!

Mary said...

I loved this for such a special day - and reminds me of my fabulous times with elephants both in Thailand and Africa.

We women will remain strong and active - the world needs US!!!!

Mary x

Laura Morrigan said...

Thank you for this post! <3