Tuesday, January 26, 2016

ATAA, Joyce Wilkens the Artist

For quite a long time I have been part of a group online called Afternoon Tea Across America.
It was started as a Yahoo group and more recently has tumbled over to Facebook.
The Yahoo group remains a cozy, friendly group and the Facebook group has become much larger,
but a delightful group also.  Each group has it's own personality.
One of our newer members on Facebook, Joyce Wilkens, has authored two books,
TeaCup Art...And Reflections and Walking Sticks...Wanderings and Wonderings.
Both books are lovely coffee table books and can be found  at www.joycewilkens.com.
Either book can be purchased on the website or directly from Joyce 
for $16.99 plus $4. shipping (US) to Joyce Wilkens, PO Box 30942, Spokane, WA 99223.  
Specify which book you would want! 

Right now Joyce is in the process of painting and writing poetry for a new book that won't be
completed for a couple more years.  One of the pictures she has completed and a poem
she has written is about Afternoon Tea Across America.
I thought you might like a sneak peek at the painting.
What a delight to see myself sitting at the tea table with three other members.
Isn't this fun?
I loved that she put me in a striped shirt and denim skirt, that is so me.
How did she know I am not a flower dress girl?   Smiling!

You just never know when somewhere at sometime someone will get who you are
and there you will be, out there for others to see.
Please check out Joyce's books online.  I have her TeaCup Art book and do enjoy.

Playing with Bernideen today at http://blog.bernideens.com/

11 comments:

Bernideen said...

How fun to be included and honored in this way!

Linda Jennings said...

I recognized several of you immediately!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

You look adorable in it. xoxo Su

Angela McRae said...

I recognized you and LaDonna immediately. I love this painting!

Linda P said...

A beautiful painting. It makes me smile to see your group of lovely friends enjoying tea.

Jeanie said...

I recognized you right away! What a fun thing! And a lovely painting, too. I can't paint portraits to save my soul!

Isn't it amazing what our online friendships bring us? I am always, always surprised! And never less than delighted!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

This is an adorable painting and I like the ATAA sign.

Mary said...

Oh wow this is such a happy painting - I knew it was you even before reading! Denim skirt or tutu - you will always be dancing my dear - love your happy outlook on this often sad life we all have to face. I may have to wear more skirts and dance more - when the weather warms up!

Mary x

Lorrie said...

I knew which one was you - your lovely white hair with the flip to it gave it away for me.
Delightful!

Rosemary said...

What a fun gathering of friends! ATAA has supported such a friendly community - both with the Yahoo group or on FB.

Unknown said...

You just added more meaning to you online tea friends. Keep it up spread love and friendship.