Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Quillts at the State Fair





There were many beautiful quilts at the fair.
I always love the ones made with vintage or reproduction fabrics.
The Fall/Autumn theme was prevelent
and inspired me to think of the changing of the seasons.
Soon my Fall/Autumn quilt will be hanging over my fireplace.
In the meantime I am just enjoying the last touches
of summer with this beautiful visit to the Oregon State Fair.
Quilt exhibits are a wonderful tradition at the fair.

Do you love a quilt show?
I find the colors and designs a quilt designer chooses enchanting.
Enjoy!
Imagine wrapped in the comfort of a quilt with a cup of tea and a good book.
Yummmmm!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love seeing beautiful quilts - especially such works of art that are well done. Thanks for sharing these. I need to get back to my sewing room and finish some quilts I've started. Soon. Hopefully.
~Adrienne~

Mary said...

I do love to attend a quilt show but haven't been to one in ages - must put that on my list!
These are very lovely - a lot of work and love to be sure.
Mary x

Joy said...

Gorgeous quilts! Glad you enjoyed the Fair.

Jeanie said...

These are beautiful, Marilyn. As you probably now, I collect quilts -- especially lovely old antique quilts with stories to tell -- even though I don't know what they are! And I use them, too (although I'm not too good at repairing the flaws!) I loved all the ones you showed but I couldn't help but think how wonderful that first quilt would be in the cottage -- all those woodsy colors!

Tracy said...


THANK YOU so much, Marilyn! I was hoping you'd take us back to the fair to see the quilts! LOVE that top quilt... and the last one is such whimsical fun! As you know, I'm crazy for quilts. I need to make an end-of-summer/autumn quilt to hang here at home... hhhmmm...need to work on that! ((HUGS))