Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Purple and Black

 You really can't see it clearly, but I like the silhouette.
Morning tea time looking out my office window.
A special new teacup sits in my cupboard.
It came just days ago.
It has been initiated with a special black tea.
Lochan Tea, Doke Black Fusion,
a very nice morning tea. 

On the bottom of the saucer it says:
Romantic England
Holy Trinity Church
Stratford-on-Avon
on the cup
Anne Hathaway's Cottage
Shottery
J.&G.Meakin, England

Quite a lot is said on that little saucer,
but it delighted me to have photos
on my first purple transferware teacup and saucer
of places I have visited.

Tea in the Garden today with Bernideen at:
http://blog.bernideens.com/

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I love transferware Marilyn, what a beautiful set!

Linda said...

I love your teacup with Anne Hathaway's cottage on it. I'm visiting from Tea in the Garden.

Maiah Harrison said...

Anne Hathaway the actress? :-)
It's a really nice tea cup. I appreciate the silhouette. I have a hard time capturing a photo like that too but I can imagine how pretty it would be. Thanks for sharing.

Bernideen said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh you found a lovely cup and saucer and it carries one away to another time and another place. Escape is GOOD! So glad you shared.

Jeanie said...

LOVE the cup! Looks Johnson Brother-ish but not quite their style of houses. What's the maker? "Gorgeous photos all!

Margie said...

Love it!