Friday, August 28, 2015

Happy Birthday, Tasha

Tasha Tudor, one of my favorite illustrators of children's books,
would have been 100 today.
Happy Birthday in remembrance of the few minutes
in time that I got to stand and visit with you.

Seeing Tasha making dipped candles brings
back many memories of all the years I made hand dipped candles
I love how she lived making so many things for her home.

Happy Birthday, Tasha Tudor!
Photo scanned from Tasha Tudor's Heirloom Crafts book.

Happy Weekend, dear friends.

9 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I always think she is alive though I plainly know otherwise. The memory of her is so vivid and alive.

Annie Jeffries said...

I always think she is alive though I plainly know otherwise. The memory of her is so vivid and alive.

Laura said...

You got to meet her? That is so cool! I'm a big fan of Tasha's. Have a great weekend!
blessings
~*~

Laura said...

You got to meet her? That is so cool! I'm a big fan of Tasha's. Have a great weekend!
blessings
~*~

Laurie said...

That's funny Marilyn, I was just going to do a post on her. I love her artwork, her literature and her love for gardens and her corgi's. She was a beautiful person. They have also come out with a movie on her, and I'm hoping it will be released in the states on DVD.

The Victorian Girl said...

Love, love, love Tasha Tudor! In fact, I just got a copy today of Pumpkin Moonshine that I had ordered. AND I am touring her home in September--Yes!!!!!

Jeanie said...

Her illustrations are so wonderful and bring back so many memories. I love this photo, Marilyn. Beautiful.

Lorrie said...

Her illustrations are lovely, and her life of simplicity and making things by hand has always fascinated me. Hand dipped candles - I'm impressed!

Tracy said...

Oh, this is lovely! She lived in the world, but not of the world, in a different time... I so admire how she did that, how she lived so close with the Earth. I love her books. You got to meet her--what joy! :o) ((HUGS))