Thursday, November 20, 2014

Enchantment

 I stopped along the road to take a picture of this sight.
 Then turned and my heart skipped a beat.
 For right there in front of me stood a bird so still,
I wasn't sure he was real.
Was it Harry, visiting from Michigan?
Maybe a carved wooden statue?
 Soon he took flight and he captured my heart.
 He swooped down low and soon he became part of the picture.
The picture I had stopped to take.
He enchanted me.
He delighted my heart.
What is delighting your heart today?

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

Isn't it wonderful to catch a glimpse of an unexpected beauty?
Me? I'm puttering around the house getting ready to teach this afternoon.

Catherine said...

Such beautiful photos. It is wonderful how a single bird can make you wonderful and think.
Today the weather is not as cold and I will be able to take a nice walk with my dog. xo Catherine

Linda P said...

A beautiful scene made more so by the unexpected. Early morning here and a quiet day ahead at home is something to be thankful for.

Laura Morrigan said...

Nature is so full of surprises and amazing beauty!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I get a special feeling when I see the graceful Egret too.
They seem to be everywhere here now, having to adapt as new housing developments encroach on their environment.
Beautiful Autumn photos of the lake!

Jeanie said...

This post is so perfectly titled -- two such amazing sitings in a day -- I wouldn't be able to catch my breath!