Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tea with Grandpa

In my dreams I am sitting here having tea with grandpa.
After all, this is his cup of tea.
He sipped tea from this very cup on days long ago.
I can remember times as a little girl when he asked me to pass the "jedi", jelly for his toast.
Or he scooped up a small tub of honey and wax from the hive
and we enjoyed it with our dinner biscuits.
Yes, in so many ways I have tea with grandpa.
He loved road trips in his Pontiac and sometimes when
I am driving down the road I feel his presence in my car.
Yes, we are going to tea grandpa.
Would you like 2 lumps of sugar, "jedi", or some honey in your tea?

How about you?
Do you sweeten your tea?
The tea in the cup today is called Paris and it is sweetened with lavender buds.

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

You always share such sweet sentiments. To answer your question, my tea is not sweetened, except by the moment.

Steph said...

Oh, Marilyn - such a lovely memory and I adore this china.

S. Etole said...

What a treasure of memories in your cup.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A pretty teacup and memories of your grandfather. I sweeten my tea with honey purchased from a local bee keeper. I don't think the honey in the stores is as nutritious.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love this post.

When I have dreams like this, I really believe I have visited with them and got caught up. XOXO

Mary said...

.......and there will be violets popping up soon!!!! Lovely china.
Lovely story dear - I never had a grandfather in my life - yours must have been very special.
No, never put sugar in tea or coffee!
Mary x

Jeanie said...

Paris tea sounds quite lovely! I remember tea not with my grandfather but with my mom. Constant Comment is still one of my favorites. It used to be fancy -- the not-Lipton or Tetleys, a tea with a hint of flavor other than tea! Now it is supermarket tea -- but I still love it most!

Angela McRae said...

Your teacup is so beautiful, and I don't believe I've ever seen a really vintage one with violets like this. But even if it weren't so beautiful, I would think it was anyway because it was your grandpa's. The memories are priceless, aren't they?

paris parfait said...

What wonderful memories and a very special cup of tea!