Tuesday, December 10, 2013

SHINE, My Word this Year!

 
My word for this year is SHINE.
As I think back over the year I am not sure SHINE resonated for me.
I do know I love seeing the sun SHINE in unusual places
and on the faces that SHINE, but did I feel SHINE in my soul?
Sometimes when I pick a word and pay attention it does the
opposite of what I want.
There have been times when that little black cloud just
rested over my head and there was no sign of shining anywhere.
Maybe seeing that little black cloud and having the word SHINE
did push the cloud away a little quicker.
I am dedicated to the word until the end of the year
while beginning to think on a new word for 2014.

Are you finding a word for 2014?
I do recommend it, as it gives focus to your heart.

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

An excellent word! And you do shine already so I can't wait to see what happens when you go high power! I do a word too but am still bouncing a few around!

Adrienne said...

No word yet. I'm thinking of joy a lot these days. That may be the one.
~Adrienne~

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I had not heard of choosing a word for the year before.

I love the photo!

Rosemary said...

Your joy at being a grandmother, your love for that precious little boy, your exuberance for life, your enthusiasm for tea,and your generous and giving heart all SHINE thru in every post, quote, and picture you share with us. Thank you!

Laurie said...

I know what you mean, my word was forgiveness. So many times this year it had to used. And not only forgiveness on my part for others, but forgiveness for me. I haven't decided on my word for next year yet.

Jeanne said...

Shine is a beautiful word and may love Shine brightly during the Christmas season and always.

Love Jeanne

My word for 2014 is blessings

paris parfait said...

I'm just hoping 2014 is a big improvement over 2013, which has proved one long slog of challenges. Nice photo! (And I'm going for the word "light" in 2014). xx

Angela McRae said...

Now that's an interesting observation, that sometimes it does the opposite of what you want. Sounds like you saw some progress in that regard, though, and that's the name of the game!

La Tea Dah said...

I look forward to your new word of the year. Maybe you didn't "feel" like SHINE represented you well this year, but I do believe that you brought a lot of SHINE into my life. Thank you.