Friday, June 14, 2013

Tea Time in Tillamook


Tillamook is a coastal town in Oregon, about 1 1/2 hour drive from Portland.
There is a tea room called La Tea Da, started by two friends.
Their husbands are dairy farmers and so cheese is often one of the features.
The tearoom is now for sale, sadly I must say.
So one last tea time was shared as part of our anniversary day.
In my cup is Yorkshire Gold, a very nice black tea.

Strawberry sorbet in very tiny cups.

Tea is served, one tier per person.
 

The savories are always my favorite and they didn't disappoint.
The puff pastry held a chicken caesar salad.
The twisted sticky bun held a sausage inside, one of my favorites.
Raisin bread with carrot salad, cucumber sandwich, and egg salad sandwich too.
The stacked sandwich was oh so yummy ham and cucumber.

There were also apricot and cheese scones with cream, lemon curd, and strawberry jam.

Brought home with us were the sweets for later.
A watermelon sliced cookie, lemon cake with coconut and cream,
chocolate caramel bar, and strawberry rhubarb cobbler.

It was a special day of tea and visiting the beach.
Next week I will share pictures of the beach and the amazing clouds and sky.
It was truly a magical day of celebration.

15 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

It looks like you had a deliciously wonderful time! This is my favorite tea room and I am sad that it will be closing. The servings are so generous and thoughtfully prepared. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Te de Ternura said...

Unas FOTOS muy sugerentes y con personalidad!!!
Gracias amiga buen fin de semana :))))
Conxita

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

When I come to visit one day, I want to go there...looks so yummy!

Adrienne said...

I'm sad this tearoom may close. Maybe I'd better get over there and have tea soon. Thanks for sharing your anniversary tea with us.
~Adrienne~

relevanttealeaf said...

Wow - the individual tiered servers are generous indeed, and every item looked delicious - especially the sticky sausage roll. I'm going to try that. What a wonderful place to celebrate an anniversary! I'm sure you will miss this tea room unless someone buys it and follows in the footsteps of the original owners.

GardenOfDaisies said...

It all looks so lovely and yummy too! Of course they would serve cheese! I hope they find a buyer for their shop. It would be a shame if it just closed.

Rosemary said...

This looks like such a fun way to celebrate! Love the individual tiered trays... oh my... sorry to hear they are closing.

Steph said...

You know, I've never made it here and now I'm sad that I might miss it. I hope not!

Laurie said...

What a nice time Marilyn, so sad the tea room is closing, it really looked so charming.

Jeanie said...

Oh! They let you take a doggie bag? How wonderful? I looked at that big ower and thought "All this for one person?" Your plate looked lovely -- oh, so did the whole tea.

I'd say that Tillamook is definitely MY cup of tea!

Tracy said...

Such a wonderful tea! I just love all the frou-frou decor and table settings! That strawberry sorbet in the pretty cups looks sooo good...mmm... Thank you for sharing the treats, Marilyn :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Angela McRae said...

Sounds like a fun (and tasty!) day indeed. I just love the name Tillamook!

Linda P said...

What a lovely and unusual selection of goodies! What a shame the tea room may close.

Traveling Bells said...

Closing? What a shame. This looks dee-lish!

Lateadatillamook said...

The tea room was indeed purchased by a mother daughter team and is as wonderful as ever! In fact the family and friends atmosphere is amazing. And new sandwiches are appearing monthly. We hope you can stop in soon to check it out for yourself. Thanks for the amazing blog post.