Thursday, January 17, 2013

France Revisited


The city from the Lourve.

My favorite tea shop in Paris.
 
 

Ahhh, the pastries!

The Seine River, a view from the river.
This week I have been reading Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach.
It is a book about a journalist, Alice, adventures in Europe.
The first part takes place in Paris and brings back so many memories
of my times of travel there.
Then as I was driving my car to the market yesterday the CD
playing was French Cafe.
http://www.putumayo.com/content/french_caf%C3%A9_0

Isn't it amazing how listening to a certain music or
reading a book can bring back memories so strongly of
a time gone by?

So today I am revisiting Paris.
I hope you enjoy the snapshots taken there.
It is my favorite city to visit, I just love it there
and I dream of yet another visit one day.

Where is your favorite place to visit?
Do you dream of returning there?

14 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

Ah, the City of Lights...love it! And yes, I wanna go back again. And we will...very fond memories indeed...

Linda P said...

We driven across France, but never stayed in Paris. One day, maybe? I would love to revisit Bruges and view the art, take a boat on the canals in the town and the waterways of the surrounding countryside.

Adrienne said...

I dream of visiting places I've not gone - Europe and Africa and places far away. Loved listening to a bit of the CD. What fun!
~Adrienne~

Caroline said...

Lovely photos! I do love Paris and wish to revisit there someday. I don't know if I have a favorite city...I love too many places!! But Paris...it's in my top 3!!

Jeanie said...

I always love revisiting Paris, so let's go back there anytime! Your photos are beautiful and bring back lovely memories of my visits there as well. Of course I dream of returning -- my favorite place to visit? Ste. Chappelle!

Laurie said...

This is why I wasn't so afraid to fly, Marilyn. I even have a board on Pinterest of all the places I wish I wasn't afraid to go! I would love to visit Ireland, but for a no fly vacation, I really want to go northwest US. Your pics are beautiful!

koralee said...

I am just planning my March trip to Holland...I have never been so am very excited...would love to get to Paris....such lovely photos. xo

Tracy said...

Oh, this was LOVELY, Marilyn...what a treat in the middle of winter! I hope we can get back to Paris again, and stay longer. London is our place. I dream of being there all time! I dream of living there... LOL! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Britt-Arnhild said...

I have so many favorite places. Like Iceland, where I am revisiting this week :-)

Relyn Lawson said...

How cool is that? You mention one of my favorite books and one of my favorite albums. I love our sympatico.

relevanttealeaf said...

I really enjoyed seeing your photos of Paris. I've never been, but sure would like to!

S. Etole said...

Those pastries look scrumptious. How fun it would be to be able to travel.

Beth said...

Hi again, Marilyn. You mentioned being a friend of Donna Hardin (or perhaps Spenser). I have been to her tearoom twice and it is the best tearoom I've ever been to!!! Have you had a chance to visit it? Best wishes from Iowa, Beth

Angela McRae said...

A book about a journalist? I may have to check that out! The only place I ever want to go is England, and I'm hoping to go again next year to celebrate turning 50!