Monday, February 13, 2012

Hearts and Flowers

 

For Aye and Aye

They say that we are growing old,
You, my dear, and I,
Which may be so by count of years-
Figures do not lie.

And yet-and yet, how unaware
Are figures of this truth-
Love triumphing time is far
More sweet than love of youth.

And I am still all yours, my dear,
As you, thank God, are mine-
For life, and then for aye and aye,
Each other's Valentine.

Kitchen Sonnets by Ethel Romig Fuller

The passion of red hearts and flowers is seen here.
As my eyes no longer see as clearly,
the brilliant color shines.
Do you love chocolates and flowers for Valentine's,
or is it just the thought, dear friend.
For Valentine's is just another day, but
yet set aside for you.
We will share our hugs and love so true,
and celebrate the day.
Happy Valentine's, dear friends.

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

love, love, love chocolates!

Duchess of Tea said...

Happy Valentine's Day Luv

xoxoxo
Duchess

Jeanne said...

Happy Valentine's day with much love
Jeanne♥

Tracy said...

LOTS of LOVE coming your way, Marilyn! Happy Valentine's Day ((HUGS))

parTea lady said...

Lovely photo (love the bright red against the blue in the old quilt)and poems.

Happy Valentine's Day

Jeanie said...

So lovely! I should send boatloads of Valentines to my blog friends whom I love so much!

Angela McRae said...

The sweet thoughts (like these!) are what I most enjoy about Valentine's!