Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pomeroy Farm

It had been a couple years since I had been to Pomeroy Farm.
The anticipation was great as I made reservations for Christmas Tea.
What a special day to share with a friend and my daughter.
What a delight to sit and relax for awhile in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the season.

We were served a yummy menu of their delicious scones, radish sandwiches, turkey sandwiches
with cranberry chutney, tomato sandwiches with pesto cream cheese, chocolate nut torte,
lemon curd tarts, trifle, and a Christmas cookie.  There was plenty of tea to sip and savor.

After tea we had the opportunity to walk through the historic log house and see their collection of Santa's.

Are you doing something in this season to rest for awhile and savor?

11 comments:

Steph said...

Seeing these photos, I'm smiling very broadly!

Laurie said...

What an amazing day! Everything looks so delicious Marilyn, and what a nice way to create a special memory.

La Tea Dah said...

I haven't started the "rest and savor" part of the holiday yet, but it is coming up soon!

What lovely photos of an exquisite tea. I can see Steph's photo (from above) and can understand why she is smiling broadly! Simply beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

Rosemary said...

Looks simply delightful! Thanks for sharing!

koralee said...

Yum...I just went out for Christmas tea today and I did think of you...my tea friend. xoxoxo HUGS and love for a blessed and joyful Christmas.

Karen's Place said...

I am looking forward to reading the Christmas books I bought for my little granddaughter when we babysit her while Dad and Mom take a movie night.

parTea lady said...

The Pomeroy Farm Christmas Tea looks lovely. I enjoyed an afternoon tea today with a friend (and fellow tea blogger) - a very enjoyable break from the hustle and bustle.

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

So lovely...Everything looks so yummy!! ~Donna

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

What a delightful tea...so pretty and so delicious, and with such good company, a real treat.

Angela McRae said...

I did that earlier this week when I got to enjoy time with three precious friends, one on Monday and one on Tuesday (at tea!) and one on Wednesday.

These photos are great -- definitely give the flavor of your visit!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Just divine!!