Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beauty, What is it?


What is Beauty?

I have been asking myself that question lately as I had put that
statement at the top of this blog.

"Seeking Beauty in Everyday Life"

On Art Wolfe's Travel to the Edge on Sunday he was talking
to a woman about beauty and she said it was fleeting, like a snowflake.

I asked my husband and he said "God speaking to us."

Beauty moves me, but exactly what is it?

To me it is:
Fresh picked fruit
Flowers
Sunrise and Sunsets
Fluffy clouds
A newborn baby
A child's smile
Kitties pink nose
Dappled sunshine through the trees
Ocean waves
Steam rising from a warm cup of tea
Art
Seeing a persons soul shine through their face


Please tell:  What is Beauty?

9 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Beauty is authenticity.

Jeanne said...

Being with those I love and all healthy, happy and full of joy is beauty to me..........
My family, faith, friends and
all the glorious good in life
is absolute beauty to me as well.
Love you
Jeanne

somepinkflowers said...

well,
to me
it is when i click over
to A Friend's Blog
and
i see

somepinkflower

sitting there...



:-)


alas,
i am so self*centered...
i think ALL
somepinkflowers
are posted
just
for moi!



my bad!
but

in a good & harmless way....

christina said...

having some quiet time, but finding time for the family as well.
such a lovely post, my friend.
xo

Angela McRae said...

Hmmm ... I'm going to have to ponder this one. In fact, I think I'll make it my "writing prompt" for tomorrow's journaling!

Jeanie said...

A golden boy's freckles and a flawless summer day.

Laurie said...

I see beauty every day in your posts Marilyn, and I think your list of what beauty is pretty well covers it all! And the rose picture is so beautiful.

Tracy said...

Beauty is a meeting with the Divine inside and outside of ourselves. :o) ((HUGS))

Adrienne said...

Beauty is all around us - we miss a lot of it! It's in the little things, the simple things and the beauty God created all around us.
~Adrienne~