Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Strong Women

June Mulford sits to the right and my favorite realtor, Kama Dersham, sits to the left.
On Saturday Kama hosted an afternoon of burgers, drinks, and a film that hadn't been seen in 35 years.  The film was about June and her husband traveling the Pacific Crest Trail on horseback 50 years ago. There have only been three people known to have ridden this trail on horseback. The Pacific Crest Trail starts at the Mexican border and ends at the Canadian border, traveling through California, Oregon, and Washington states.  There were times when there was no trail to follow and they had to continue forging ahead until they found the trail again.

This is the story of a young couple that had a dream, blazed the trail,and made their dream a reality.  They created memories for a life time.

I am fascinated and drawn to "strong women", women that follow their dream.
Sometime in the future I will have a new Monday series about "Strong Women", but for now I couldn't help but share a little about a "strong woman" I just met.

7 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Dear Marilyn,

What an exciting Monday series that will be.

My brother wanted to hike the California portion of the trail for many years. I don't think he ever got a chance to and now I think that ship has sailed (so to speak). He still spends a lot of time hiking and camping though.

Annie

Steph said...

This sounds fascinating!

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I will look forward to that topic! I like strong women too!

koralee said...

Wow...that would of been amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs for a great evening and thank you so so much for visiting me the other day. xoxo

christina said...

where would we be, without strong women?! i love them so!

Caroline said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to start a Monday. Can't wait to read. And yes...we women are strong...so very very strong!

Liam's Grandma said...

Just found your blog via Corey Amaro's blog. Love the idea of a strong women post every Monday and will look forward to reading it!