Monday, December 21, 2009

Enamored with Glass - part #3

Glass is a part of my Christmas tree decorations.
A Santa and a teddy bear glisten in the light.
Golden glass beads surround the tree.
There is a glass pickle somewhere on the tree, but I couldn't find it to show you.
You will have to come and find it for yourself and maybe there will
be a prize if you do. A warm cup of tea and a cookie are waiting.
A little Victorian girl is warmed by the light.
Two vintage mercury glass ornaments hang in a special place of honor.

An array of glass balls are waiting to be placed on the tree.
Don't you just love the way glass ornaments shine reflecting the light of the celebration and season?

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love your glass ornaments. I have a few and would like to add more but my favorite Christmas shop in Oregon City closed and I haven't found another place close by - except vintage ornaments in Aurora! I'm thinking I need to scoot back down there and buy a few more. ~Adrienne~

parTea lady said...

The glass ornaments are beautiful. Your tree must look really lovely.

I almost bought a glass pickle ornament this year and now I'm regretting that I didn't.

beth said...

oh how I love that last photo as the decorations quietly say...pick me pick me.....

Gayle said...

Oh yes, the beauties of the season are everywhere! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays,
Carl

Carl said...

Happy Holidays

Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love your glass ornaments. It's a rule that I apply to my own home as well --- incorporating glass, mirror, and metalics along with my all-time fav of textiles --- for contrast and cozy effect.

Merry Christmas!
LaTeaDah

Angela McRae said...

I do love glass ornaments. This year, my "big" tree is my retro silver tree again, and I love the way the branches and ornaments all sparkle!

Relyn Lawson said...

That last image is perfection.

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

My favorite is the last image, too! The ornaments waiting to be placed on the tree, yet so beautiful in their present state!