Friday, October 30, 2009

le petit dejeuner


Le petit dejeuner, our breakfast almost every morning for three weeks.
It always included a baguette and croissant, plus most often a chocolate croissant.
I adore bread, but after awhile it was almost too much bread each morning.
Now that I am home I do wish someone would bring this to me. Wouldn't it be a lovely breakfast in bed?
It was just delicious and definitely "my cup of tea".
The tea most often served was Lipton Yellow Label, which was pretty good.
We would save the baguette for later in the day and then add some cheese, cold cuts, and fresh fruit for a picnic.
I do love le petit dejeuner!
Have a great Halloween weekend and I hope you are all served breakfast in bed.

15 comments:

Jeanne said...

Much love to you and Happy Halloween
Love you
Jeanne♥

Steph said...

Mmmmm....I think I would love this, too! Happy Halloween to you.

my cup of tea said...

Bread is my thing! I would love this too! It looks so yummy! Happy Halloween!
~Blessings~
Donna

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I love, love, love breads! I wish I could eat it three times a day, but discipline myself! "Woman cannot live by bread alone!" LOL! I think I could though!!

Katherine

Gayle said...

You know going to the hospital really stinks. But if there is a good part, it is breakfast in bed!

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween to you. I made up a breakfast tray for my daughter this morning. The only thing nicer than having breakfast in bed is making it for someone else, adding the small touch I love the most - the vase with the flower fresh from the garden.

Britt-Arnhild said...

A breakfast, a petit dejeuner just after my heart.
Bonjour!

I'm on my way down to have my first Prague breakfast now.

Jeanne said...

Love you
Rabbit Rabbit

Relyn Lawson said...

le petit dejeuner!

Something else to dream about.

Anonymous said...

A perfect breakfast in my opinion. Looks so good! I would have done exactly like you with "recycling" a part of it later in the day.

South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild said...

Such a lovely breakfast: bread, chocolate croissant, tea, juice, and jam or preserves. So simple and good, and I love bread. If the bread is fresh from the oven, and the butter is fresh and still tastes like cream, there's almost nothing I like better in the world than bread and butter!

Annie Jeffries said...

So - of course, I had to google Lipton Yellow Label. I found a site that suggests that it is not sold in the U.S. Is it different from the Lipton that is sold here, Marilyn?

Marilyn Miller said...

I also don't believe Lipton Yellow Label can be purchased here. It is a nicer quality than what we get here. It is not as astringent.

Angela McRae said...

Oh, yes, I could get used to this for sure! Yum!

La Tea Dah said...

I would like this breakfast tray served to me in bed too! It looks yummy!