Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Getty Villa

The Getty Villa sits on the bluff looking out over the Pacific Ocean. The picture was taken from a friend's deck in Malibu, California. We were on our way up the California coast, had breakfast with my friend, then off to the Getty Villa. The Getty Villa is a beautiful museum which holds part of the Getty art collection.

The grounds of the Getty Villa, looking back on the main building that houses the art collection.

Arriving early it was so peaceful walking around the grounds and down this corridor.

Posted by Picasa
Inside were many Greek gods and goddesses just waiting to say hello.
It was fun being a tourist for the day and I would highly recommend visiting the Getty Villa when you visit Southern California.

6 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Marilyn, is this the Getty Museum in SoCal? It looks very familiar.

parTea lady said...

What a beautiful place!

Marilyn Miller said...

You two are too fast. I didn't mean to post the pictures without saying what they were. Annie, you were close to right. It was the Villa, not the Museum.

Annie Jeffries said...

That's right. The Villa. Interestingly, when I was there 31 years ago, it WAS the museum. I read about a new museum being built years later to house the collections. I would love to go back to the Villa again sometime.

La Tea Dah said...

Oh, so beautiful --- I'm ready to find my travel shoes and head out! Looks like a great place to travel to! I love places like this!

LaTeaDah

Angela McRae said...

I think I want to stow away in your luggage on your next trip!